Thursday, April 15, 2010

Why aren't the best xbox games backwards ...

I mean sure most of the good mainstream ones are, but there are certain jewels that simply aren't. I got excited about the new riddick game and remembered that I used to own the original one and how great it was. I was so excited to play it only to find out that it isn't backwards compatible. I mean come on, it was one of the best games for the original xbox. So I started to go through the xbox originals that I still own and found a great game called Psi Ops. Again I got really excited to play it only to discover that it isn't backwards compatible either. Anyone else feel my pain? What games do you wish were compatible? Why aren't the best xbox games backwards ...
Yeah it's a shame, Beyond Good %26 Evil is another one that isn't BC.

All there is to do is the play them on a original Xbox or another system the game might have appeared on.Why aren't the best xbox games backwards ...
It's not a well known game at all but I really wish they would make Myst 4 compatible, Myst 3 is compatible but impossible to even find at a gamestop, i don't understand why 4 wouldn't be compatible when 3 is and they don't make any new myst games on the 360 cuz no one wants to play them. they're great games, but they're really different than any other games nowadays people really just want to shoot stuff. Apparently xbox is working on making all games compatible and releasing updated lists of newly compatible game each year. I think they should have made all originals compatible by launch back in 05.
I bought a couple of games that aren't/weren't on the 'official' list of backward compatible games because I didn't have much money left when I bought the console and 60gig starter online starter pack. I needed something to play, of course! I picked up two games CHEAP and brought them home. Before I tried them out I was on xbox.com and checked out the supposed compatibility list. One of the was listed but the other wasn't. Luckily they both did.My only beef is that you cannot use the guide button to check on friends/messages while playing these games! Another primary reason for buying those games was so that I could talk with some of my friends while playing these games. Both games (and another I picked up since but before I bought a 360 game..which also wasn't on the BC list) offered online multiplayer through XBL but of course they were too old and no one was playing them online anyway.But I would tend to believe that they are working on making more and more games compatible with the 360. I'd be completely sold on the idea of they got the guide to work with those titles. Has anyone found an original XBox game that allows the use of the guide button? When I click the guide button the message said that this particular title couldn't support it. But on all three it specified ''THIS title'' so I was wondering if anyone else had any luck with a game.
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath doesn't work either :(
Seriously is this such a big issue?



People seem to forget that there are more games backwards compatible with the 360 than original 360 games. There are more than 450 BC games, and if you still want to play the ones not on that list, you can still play them on your original xbox. MS chose to offer BC support because they thought Sony were doing the same with the PS3 - atleast MS is still supporting BC on all 360s
  • cool mask
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment