Thursday, April 15, 2010

Computer Doesn't Detect Xbox360

I'm using one ethernet cable to connect from the console to the computer but the computer doesn't detect it. When I go to the settings in WMP11, it doesn't show the xbox 360 under devices or ''Share My Media'' and when I try to set up the 360, it says ''Your console didn't obtain an IP address from your DHCP server. An IP address is usually required for your console to contact your PC with Windows Media Center. Check your network connection in Network Settings.'' Do I need to have Windows XP Media Center for it to work? I can connect to Xbox live just fine, but I can't stream any videos.Computer Doesn't Detect Xbox360
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]Computer Doesn't Detect Xbox360
No answers?
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
Guy above me is wrong. You can stream music / videos from your pc with any windows OS providing you enable media sharing on windows media player. Connecting to a media center pc lets you do more stuff, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment