Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Oh My God, What Have I Done...

I was playing Fallout 3 as my evil character that I put a TON of work into (I have a good character as well) and I decided to switch characters to do a couple things. I ended up overwriting my good character's save over my evil one's and I feel so incredibly horrible. Please, does anyone know if there is ANY way whatsoever to reclaim the file? I don't care what I have to do, just is there a way to do it??Oh My God, What Have I Done...
Wow...Unless you find out some reverse hard drive tips (made that up) I think you might have shot yourself in the leg Plexico style.... Sorry to here that bro...Oh My God, What Have I Done...
[QUOTE=''IrishBrew'']Wow...Unless you find out some reverse hard drive tips (made that up) I think you might have shot yourself in the leg Plexico style.... Sorry to here that bro...[/QUOTE]I'm so pissed off about this that I don't even want to play the game anymore. If I have to hack the damn disc, then so be it.
Their is nothing you can do about it...I did something similar with Oblivion, my advice: Stop playing for a while and then come back to the game. Otherwise it will feel like a grind and you don't want that do ya?
I read the thread title and thought, ''Uh oh, he must have self-destructed the Enterprise.'' (Yeah, yeah, nerdy joke.)Anyway, wow, that really sucks. I have no suggestions for you, but you have my sympathy. In any game where you can save at will, I always keep at least two alternating saves. In an RPG, I also archive saves as I go along. In Oblivion, I keep a save at 100, 200, and so on, so that if I do **** something up, I have a backup.
[QUOTE=''Shinobi_Daisuke'']I was playing Fallout 3 as my evil character that I put a TON of work into (I have a good character as well) and I decided to switch characters to do a couple things. I ended up overwriting my good character's save over my evil one's and I feel so incredibly horrible. Please, does anyone know if there is ANY way whatsoever to reclaim the file? I don't care what I have to do, just is there a way to do it??[/QUOTE] GAME OVER,sorry to say.
I've done similar things to this and it really sucks when it happens. I usually take a break from the game for awhile and come back to it later.
That is disappointing and I can imagine very frustrating. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to rectify it. :(

Sorry to hear about that. It's an easy mistake to make.
I'm afraid there isn't. The EXACT SAME THING to me (same game, same scenario with multiple different Karma characters) hap and there was nothing I could do about it; I completely understand how you feel and what's happened. But hey, after losing 25 hours of gameplay and a lot of work I was ready to just stop playing the game forever, but I realized how amazing the game was and just kept playing. Now look where I am just a few weeks later - I've nearly tripled all the work that I lost and I have a single achievement left to get in the game. But yeah sorry man there's absolutely nothing you can do to reverse what's happened, but I highly suggest you don't let it discourage you from continuing to play the game. Just out of curiosity, exactly how much progress did you lose? As in what level were you and how many hours were put into the save?
The game is 10 hours long. You'll get over it in one sitting.
[QUOTE=''philradz18'']The game is 10 hours long. You'll get over it in one sitting.[/QUOTE]

Uh, wrong... that time could possibly be applied to the main story quests, but I'm pretty sure that those take a bit longer than 10 hours to complete. Fallout 3's only as long as the player makes it, and I'm sure there are over a 100 hours worth of things to do in the game.
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
Thats unfortunate. My friend got his file in Oblivion overwritten and he had to start from the beginning.
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
damn man that sucks, its always good to keep some back up saves on games with a saving system like fallout u know? but relax, dont play for a while and go back to it later, u can even do a better job this time :P

man i remember one time where i saved a tomb raider game right when i was about to die... i dont remember how i did that, but i was at the very end, and after that save, every time a loaded the game, lara would be falling to her death O.o... man that pissed me off so much i didnt play the game for like a year
Oh, I'm not sure. I was playing as that character for a couple weeks and he was level 15, I believe... maybe higher.
Yes, this has happened to me before as well. It sucks, but there's nothing you can do really.
[QUOTE=''IrishBrew'']Wow...Unless you find out some reverse hard drive tips (made that up) I think you might have shot yourself in the leg Plexico style.... Sorry to here that bro...[/QUOTE]



Hahahahahah.. :lol:
[QUOTE=''IrishBrew'']Wow...Unless you find out some reverse hard drive tips (made that up) I think you might have shot yourself in the leg Plexico style.... Sorry to here that bro...[/QUOTE]LMAO! Thanks for the laugh. Unfortunately, it cost the team the game today, imo :(.

No comments:

Post a Comment