Sunday, April 11, 2010

So all in all...?

Is it the optical laser that goes out in an xbox dvd drive or the actual motor that spins the disc? Just wondering because if its the laser that goes out more then the actual motor would it be less of a chance to kill the optical laser if you put your games onto your hard drive? Or will putting it on your hard drive put quite a load on the laser anyways? Not too worried about the load times here, just wanna know what would be the best way to help keep things runnin great :) I will probably most likely put games onto the HDD anyways because it helps cut down on noise, and my girlfriends familys elite sounds like an airplane taking off. Thanks for the help and all of your answers :) So all in all...?
Well it wouldn't really matter if it was the laser or the motor - either way by copying the data onto the harddrive the DVD will be spinning less anyway so both will be used less, and therefore last longer before they fail.



If I'm just playing a random game I'll play it off the disc, but if it's a game I plan to spend a lot of time playing I will install it until I complete it and move onto the next oneSo all in all...?
[QUOTE=''Avenger1324'']Well it wouldn't really matter if it was the laser or the motor - either way by copying the data onto the harddrive the DVD will be spinning less anyway so both will be used less, and therefore last longer before they fail. If I'm just playing a random game I'll play it off the disc, but if it's a game I plan to spend a lot of time playing I will install it until I complete it and move onto the next one[/QUOTE]Yeah like if I rent a game I will for sure just deal and play off the disc... but I will probably have maybe 2 or 3 games on the HDD at a time. They dont take up that much space right? and I have a 60gb anyways so Im not worried...
[QUOTE=''FFVIIROCKS''] [QUOTE=''Avenger1324'']Well it wouldn't really matter if it was the laser or the motor - either way by copying the data onto the harddrive the DVD will be spinning less anyway so both will be used less, and therefore last longer before they fail. If I'm just playing a random game I'll play it off the disc, but if it's a game I plan to spend a lot of time playing I will install it until I complete it and move onto the next one[/QUOTE]Yeah like if I rent a game I will for sure just deal and play off the disc... but I will probably have maybe 2 or 3 games on the HDD at a time. They dont take up that much space right? and I have a 60gb anyways so Im not worried...[/QUOTE]If you have a 60GB you should be fine.Game installs take up between 3.4 - 6.8GB, with most games being larger than 5GB.
Do you know how long the install times take?
[QUOTE=''FFVIIROCKS'']Do you know how long the install times take? [/QUOTE]

About 5 - 10 minutes.
not bad...not bad at all, if it eliminates that dang noise then heck..its way worth it
  • pop beauty
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment