Thursday, April 15, 2010

I'm underwhelmed by the Xbox Avatars

To be honest, I was expecting more. Sure they look cool, but why couldn't they walk around while you were browsing through the Dashboard or something? Do you thing they'll get an upgrade down the line to give them more personality? What are your thoughts on them?I'm underwhelmed by the Xbox Avatars
When Primetime hits Live in spring I'm sure the itch to do more with your avatar may subside. I believe that will be adequate at least for me. Although, it would be nice if while in a party, we could interact via the avatars.I'm underwhelmed by the Xbox Avatars
I like them. To be honest it is only the dashboard for me, I couldn't really care less. I have a bit of fun creating mine, and I kind of like looking at my friends, but that is it.
To be honest i think they are crap, and a waste of time. I want my xbox to play games on and not look like the Wii.
If you could give them a personality or mood setting that would definitely expand the look of the gamerpage.also when you press the right stick, mine just waves, does anyone know how to change this or if there is another option.
They're rolling out the features and costumes gradually, so don't worry. I'm sure eventually there'll be skins so you can be a lizard man or something else non-Wii like.
I wish there was more clothing selection and/or the ability to change the color of clothes
[QUOTE=''wavey_gravey'']I like them. To be honest it is only the dashboard for me, I couldn't really care less. I have a bit of fun creating mine, and I kind of like looking at my friends, but that is it.[/QUOTE]yeah, i'm on the same boat as you
It's kind of strange because I really don't see a lot of point in them. I mean, what's their purpose other than being your new gamer pic? They do absolutely nothing, except for maybe a couple games like Scene it? (i think, I don't even know). The number of options for clothes is very small and kind of laughable plus the horribly made hats. Can't even change colors of the clothes. I think it's just a bit worthless really, they do nothing.
It is very Wii-esque... I saw a commercial the other day advertising the 360 and it's ''family friendly'' games, i.e. viva pinata, and other soft core games.. no doubt what audience they were targeting there, M$ sees how the wii has sold so many units while targeting that family audience. I don't mind the avatars though, as long as they keep the other good games coming
I don't care either way about em. They don't get in my way so its fine. Yea they seem more for kids n females.
[QUOTE=''faceman420'']I don't care either way about em. They don't get in my way so its fine. Yea they seem more for kids n females. [/QUOTE]Ah sexism what a beautiful thing. Anyway i think they're alright. Nothing that special they're kinda cool but so far there's nothing i'm really interested in.
The avators are a cool addition, but i think it would be nice if there was more options and a wider range of styles that you could make your avatar look.
I used to have a Wii, and now just have a 360, and I am glad they have avatars now. It adds a little personalization to my xbox.
love'em
I wish mine would stop yawning all the time, seems like he's trying to tell me he's bored. :(
[QUOTE=''-eddy-'']I wish mine would stop yawning all the time, seems like he's trying to tell me he's bored. :([/QUOTE]If only you could punish them.. I'd beat mine up if i saw it yawning.
[QUOTE=''craigalan23''][QUOTE=''-eddy-'']I wish mine would stop yawning all the time, seems like he's trying to tell me he's bored. :([/QUOTE]If only you could punish them.. I'd beat mine up if i saw it yawning.[/QUOTE]

Go to the Avatar-editor and spin them dizzy! :twisted:
[QUOTE=''-eddy-''][QUOTE=''craigalan23''][QUOTE=''-eddy-'']I wish mine would stop yawning all the time, seems like he's trying to tell me he's bored. :([/QUOTE]If only you could punish them.. I'd beat mine up if i saw it yawning.[/QUOTE] Go to the Avatar-editor and spin them dizzy! :twisted:[/QUOTE] I do it doesn't satisfy me lol.
do anyone really care....all it does is take up space on harddrive. Just think with all the money they spent they could have given some free games to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment