Sunday, April 11, 2010

Does installing games make your 360 live ...

is it true?, just wonderingDoes installing games make your 360 live ...
It may help reduce heat put out from the disc spinning all the time, but it won't directly make your 360 not get the rrodDoes installing games make your 360 live ...
it helps me out, cause my disc drive sucks...
It helps maintain the condition of the disc drive, but in terms of the console as a whole, not so much. But it does, to some extent.
That's the theory, anyway. Disc not spinning = less moving parts = less chance of overheating.However, RRoD has been speculated to be caused by the graphics chip creating too much heat, not the disc spinner, so running games from your hard drive wouldn't help in that regard. But it couldn't hurt. And hey, faster load times.
Don't be feared if you have FALCON or JASPEr as they have god output and rare RRoD's cases
[QUOTE=''Slashfan10'']It may help reduce heat put out from the disc spinning all the time, but it won't directly make your 360 not get the rrod[/QUOTE]

But optical drive failures are common-ish, and reducing those effectively increases the console's lifespan.
Hmmmm its funny u should ask!



My xbox elite is (was!) 14 months old %26 i was fed up of having over 90GB on my HDD, installed about 10 games onto it....



....2 days later, the dreaded RROD! (thanx santa)



I'm not saying that caused it (obviously just bad timing!), as i agree with a previous post....it'll help the drive more, as its spinning a lot less
I think it uses less electricity thus creating less heat which in turn I think helps prevent overheating(RROD).
it should help
I bet it will help on the electric bill, i wouldn't count on it not stopping the RRoD
Heat output is all most the same, but I like the less noise when playing gears.
this is a very interesting topic that you bring up. i think it helps reduce your chances of getting it. but it helps me out a lot because a lot of my discs have been scratched before from me moving the 360 by accident and i got the circle around my MADDEN ANNIVERSERY COLLECTORS EDITION!!!!!
[QUOTE=''6constantine9''][QUOTE=''Slashfan10'']It may help reduce heat put out from the disc spinning all the time, but it won't directly make your 360 not get the rrod[/QUOTE] But optical drive failures are common-ish, and reducing those effectively increases the console's lifespan.[/QUOTE]True, I was just answering about overheating and the rrod.
dont over play your xbox then you wont get itn i think it helps with the heating problem, im not sure

No comments:

Post a Comment